Re: [libvirt] GITHUB readonly mirror site

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 4:13 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange redhat com> wrote:
> And in ruby-libvirt.git
>
> remote: error: object acb8c8a2c6b3b33cf02c4f03eeb8bc0b803e6b24:invalid author/committer line - bad date
> remote: fatal: Error in object
> error: pack-objects died of signal 13
> error: pack-objects died with strange error
> error: failed to push some refs to 'git gitlab com:libvirt/ruby-libvirt.git'
> remote: error: object acb8c8a2c6b3b33cf02c4f03eeb8bc0b803e6b24:invalid author/committer line - bad date
> remote: fatal: Error in object
> error: unpack failed: index-pack abnormal exit
>

> I've been reading up online and AFAICT, the only way to fix this is to
> re-write GIT history entirely in the affected repos. This doesn't change
> the content, but it'll invalidate everyone's current checkouts :-(
>
> Perhaps these 3 modules are niche / small enough that we're fine rewriting
> history....or maybe Eric knows another workaround ?

Honestly, I have very few committers on ruby-libvirt besides myself,
so I would be OK rewriting history on it.  I'm definitely not going to
get to it this weekend, but I could get to it next week if someone
else doesn't get to it first.  Just let me know if someone does it :).

Chris