[libvirt] Libvirt now using Zanata for translation

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed May 27 09:00:07 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 08:45:09AM +0800, zhang bo wrote:
> On 2015/3/6 21:20, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>
> > As of current GIT master, libvirt is fully using Zanata for po file
> > translation
> >
> > After some trouble with the zanata python client, I have now successfully
> > refreshed & pushed the current libvirt.pot file, and synchronized all
> > the translation po files back down to GIT master.
> >
> > For ongoing refreshes of the libvirt.pot, it can be rebuild & pushed
> > to zanata and .po files resynchonized using
> >
> >      # cd po
> >      # rm libvirt.pot
> >      # make libvirt.pot
> >      # zanata-cli push
> >      # zanata-cli pull
> >
> > Where 'zanata-cli' is the *JAVA* client, not the python client. I strongly
> > recommend against use of the python client for the libvirt project as it
> > doesn't handle the size of the libvirt.pot/.po files well resulting in
> > unexplained data loss.  Even the java client has problems pushing the
> > .po files to the server due to poorly designed rate limiting in the
> > zanata server.
> >
> > Fortunately this is not something we need do again, now we have imported
> > the existing .po file.  The java client has been troublefree wrt to pushing
> > the .pot file and pulling .po files, which is all we need for ongoing work
> > now.
> >
> > Currently myself & Daniel Veillard are setup as admins of the libvirt
> > project in Zanata & we can add further people as required.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Daniel
>

> Would you please add me as admin so that I could help to translate and review (in Chinese)?

The libvirt translations are managed under the Fedora translations teams.
So in fact you just need to request to join the Chinese Fedora team. If
you go to this page:

   https://fedora.zanata.org/language/view/zh-CN

There's a drop down menu 'v ...' which has a 'Request to join team'
option in it.

Once you've joined you'd be able to work on any Fedora related project,
or just libvirt, as you so prefer.