[libvirt] qemuParseCommandLine and virDomainDefPostParse (and virDomaniDefAddImplicitControllers)

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 12:50:49 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 11:12:29 +0100, Michal Privoznik wrote:
> On 18.11.2015 21:19, Laine Stump wrote:

[...]

> > Does anyone else have an opinion about this?
> >

> I believe there's not much gain in calling post parse callbacks during
> cmd line parsing.

Well, then you have to extract all the code that is setting the
hypervisor-specific defaults that can be omitted on the commandline but
need to be present in the definition (e.g. default network card model)
into the command line parser, otherwise certain parts of the code will
crash (e.g. network card model formatter).

Peter