[libvirt] gem install ruby-libvirt fails on FreeBSD 10.2

Rickard von Essen rickard.von.essen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 14:16:41 UTC 2015

Turns out it works fine out of the box if you have pkgconf installed.

root at freebsd-10:/ # pkg install -y pkgconf
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
The following 1 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:
        pkgconf: 0.9.12

The process will require 56 KiB more space.
[1/1] Installing pkgconf-0.9.12...
[1/1] Extracting pkgconf-0.9.12: 100%
root at freebsd-10:/ # gem install ruby-libvirt
Fetching: ruby-libvirt-0.5.2.gem (100%)
Successfully installed ruby-libvirt-0.5.2
Parsing documentation for ruby-libvirt-0.5.2
Installing ri documentation for ruby-libvirt-0.5.2
Done installing documentation for ruby-libvirt after 0 seconds
1 gem installed