[libvirt] bug, libvirt, internal error

Jiri Denemark jdenemar at redhat.com
Fri Dec 2 08:19:41 UTC 2016

Hello.

On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 18:37:02 -0500, CESAR DAVID VASQUEZ ROMERO wrote:
> Hi, I'm having a problem with libvirt.

What version of libvirt and virt-manager do you use?

> Since a few days, when I try to create a virtual machine I get the
> following error and I could not solve it

Did anything change on the host before you started seeing this error,
was libvirt or virt-manager upgraded?

> " Imposible completar la instalación: 'internal error: Cannot find suitable
> CPU model for given data' "

OK, we need to get more details to be able to help you. Could you please
do the following:

1. run the following command (after installing cpuid) and send us the
output (root is NOT required to run the script):
http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=blob;f=tests/cputestdata/cpu-gather.sh

2. enable libvirtd debug logs as described at
http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/DebugLogs, restart libvirtd, try creating
new VM in virt-manager and when it fails send us
/var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log and ~/.virt-manager/virt-manager.log

3. you probably want to disable libvirtd debug log and restart the
service once you're done

> I have other virtual machines on the physical server and they work fine,
> but I can not create new ones.

Are these machines already running or are they turned off, but can be
started?

Thanks.

Jirka