[libvirt] ARM KVM GICv3 Support

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Tue Jan 5 11:37:02 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2015-12-21 at 12:03 +0100, Christoffer Dall wrote:

> So let me summarize the things we need to do:
>
>  - patch libvirt to allow <gic version='host' />
>  - patch libvirt to properly probe for GICv2 and GICv3 support
>  - patch libvirt to generally handle virt-host-validate on ARM
>
> And that should be enough for other tools such as OpenStack with Nova to
> probe and create the VMs it wishes.
>
> Does that about capture it?

Sounds about right.

I can work on points 1) and 3) of your list on my own, but for point 2)
we need QEMU to start probing the host for supported GIC versions and
expose such information before libvirt can use it. Then of course higher
level tools such as OpenStack will need to become aware of these new
features in libvirt.

Cheers.

--
Andrea Bolognani