[libvirt] Failed to terminate process 1275 with SIGTERM: Device or resource busy

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jan 18 16:19:58 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 03:33:25PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I tried another workaround which was to get virt-resize to fsync the
> output file before closing the libvirt connection, but that doesn't
> work for reasons I don't understand so far - still studying this.

I worked out what was happening here -- I'd inserted the fsync at the
wrong place in virt-resize.  So I have now successfully worked around
this for the virt-resize case, however it's still a problem that could
manifest itself in other uses of libvirt + qemu + slow devices.

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v