[libvirt] Join

Im having problems with my install.  Debian Jessie (8.3), but using libvirt and kernel from back ports (for enhanced vt-d support, passing through a USB card).  Guest is a windows xp sp3 box.  Initially I had hardware time set to UTC, and I set the RealTimeIsUtc=1 in the registry.  But it would periodically reset itself ahead 6 hours (CST), and since we just changed day light savings time now its jumping 5 hours.  Every morning.   I have a similarly configured system running a win7 guest, time works fine.

Someone on #kvm suggested that maybe I need to set my hwclock to local time, and so I went through all that - changed it, appended LOCAL to  /etc/adjtime etc. I then changed the RealTimeIsUtc=0, and for the first boot it seemed okay.

Now, whenever I boot, it is constantly 5 hours ahead.  I can reset it but when you reboot, its back.

Im stumped.  Help...