Re: [libvirt] Repack git repo?

On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 10:33:47AM +0200, Peter Krempa wrote:
On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 09:16:13 +0200, Michal Privoznik wrote:
So I was checking out the repo the other day and it took ages. So it got
me thinking what might be the problem. Looks like a part of it is that
our pack is split among ~250 files. Therefore when somebody does

250 files should not be an issue on today's computers. Maybe 2
orders of magnitude more would pose some issues.

checkout git needs to repack it into a single pack every time. And this
may take ages on such slow processor as Atom is. However, reading some
docs on this it looks like 'git gc --aggressive' is not advised rather
than 'git repack'.

Any thoughts?

Clone from github or some other hosting with more network
conectivity/CPU power if you are bothered by this?

Yes, you can clone from github and then switch origins, sure.  I was
just interested how stuff is affected and should be handled =)