[libvirt] spice-gl bug: Failed to initialize EGL render node for SPICE GL

Paul Kek paulkek at protonmail.com
Sun Feb 5 16:30:32 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am having issues with getting spice-gl to work properly with libvirt.
There is a bugzilla report which describes the issue but until now there is still no solution (The patch didn't work on my system.)
As I also mentioned there, I tried adding the `renderD128` device to `cgroup_device_acl` in the qemu.conf file but this produced different errors:

qemu-system-x86_64: egl: eglGetDisplay failed
qemu-system-x86_64: egl: EGL_KHR_surfaceless_context not supported
qemu-system-x86_64: Failed to initialize EGL render node for SPICE GL

Paul