[libvirt] [resend v2 0/7] Support cache tune in libvirt

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Feb 7 10:17:37 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 07, 2017 at 02:43:13PM +0800, Eli Qiao wrote:
> > 3) CDP / non-CDP convertion.
> >
> > In case the size determination has been performed with non-CDP,
> > to emulate such allocation on a CDP host,
> > it would be good to allow both code and data allocations to share
> > the CBM space:
> >
> IOM, I don’t think it’s good to have this.
> in libvirt capabilities xml, the application will get to know if the host support cdp or not.

Yep, as long as the capabilities XML provide info about the different
cache banks, IMHO it is better to have the application be explicit
about what they want for CDP & non-CDP scenarios.  Let the higher
level mgmt apps above libvirt apply specific policies if they desire

|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-    http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|