Re: [libvirt] 1GB huge pages and incompatible VM memory size

On Tue, 21 Feb, at 11:23:52AM, Michal Privoznik wrote:

> Jim,
>
> what is the actual problem? I've tried to reproduce this by running vm
> with 3.5G RAM backed by 1GB huge pages and the guest runs just fine. I
> mean kvm guest. This is because at the cmd line level there is aligned
> value:
>
> -m size=4194304k,slots=16,maxmem=8388608k
>
> This is result of qemuDomainAlignMemorySizes(). So perhaps there's a bug
> somewhere in the function?

Quite possibly. Some memory values work fine and appear to be rounded
to the next gigabyte boundary. One KiB values that fails for me is,

  <memory unit='KiB'>52428801</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>52428801</currentMemory>

Which results in qemu-kvm ... -m 51201