[libvirt] non-standard types in remote XDR definitions

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 15:55:37 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have been experimenting with the remote protocol defined in the
`src/remote/remote_protocol.x`
(https://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/remote/remote_protocol.x;hb=HEAD),
and noticed that there a number of types used that are not defined in
the XDR RFC, specifically: unsigned char, char, unsigned short, short
(I might have missed one or two).  I'm wondering if these are missing
typedefs, or whether they are custom extensions to the RFC.  Does
anyone have more information on this? If the latter case is the fact,
are these values padded to 4 bytes per the spec?

Thanks,
Matt