[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-3.5.0

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Thu Jul 6 09:56:42 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 04, 2017 at 12:27:19PM +0200, Andrea Bolognani wrote:

> > > IIRC Debian disabled this test years ago.
> > >
> > > Guido, have you ever discovered the cause?
>> > No, sorry. I diabled it ages ago since it failed randomly and never got
> > around to have a look.
>
> I just ran 10000 iterations of the test on a Debian guest
> without running into a single failure. Maybe it's time to
> revisit that decision, especially with Stretch out of the
> door? Any other test cases that have been blacklisted and
> might not need it anymore?

I just checked again and noticed that I reenabled the test back in 2015
with fbb27088eec1b54fcd5a0950b11c31d27a2598d4 fixing the cause. The only
tests we have disabled are in gnulib (where upstream rejected the
patches)

    https://github.com/agx/libvirt-debian/blob/debian/sid/debian/patches/openpty-Skip-test-if-no-pty-is-available.patch
    https://github.com/agx/libvirt-debian/blob/debian/sid/debian/patches/test-posix_openpt-don-t-fail-on-EACCESS.patch
    https://github.com/agx/libvirt-debian/blob/debian/sid/debian/patches/Disable-gnulib-s-test-nonplocking-pipe.sh.patch

caused by running the tests in a chroot prepared by pbuilder and the
vircgrouptest where the mock was incomplete last time I checked:

     https://github.com/agx/libvirt-debian/blob/debian/sid/debian/patches/Skip-vircgrouptest.patch

Cheers,
 -- Guido