Re: [libvirt] libvirt binding for DBUS

On Thu, Jul 06, 2017 at 02:47:04PM +0300, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> > Also can you provide minimal example to list domains or create?
>

> I found examples in tests dir. I can contribute for this bindings but
> need to know - what planned first and do by redhat team and what can
> do by community?

This is a community project so everybody can contribute, there are no
rules or restrictions.

> For example i need pool and volume control, if i'm write support for
> it does it needed or code generator replaced it in near feature?

My plan is to not add more APIs manually, I would like to create
the generator ASAP.  However I would wait with using this binding
before there is a stable release, the API of this binding may change.

> Also, does it possible to return not only uuid of domains then
> creating/listing but also id and name? As i remember libvirt rpc
> return all this data via Domain object.

Please try to forget that there is some libvirt RPC :) that's only for
internal communication.  The create/list API returns a path to D-Bus
object, it's not a simple UUID.  The path can be used to get a D-Bus
object or interface.  Check the "test/test_domain.py" how the objects
or interfaces are used.  For example, Domain has a list of properties
which counts Name, UUID, Id, etc.

Pavel