[libvirt] libvirt and dmesg

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Wed Mar 15 08:53:15 UTC 2017

Hello Pierre-Jacques,

First note that you posted your message on the developer's mailing list.

According to https://linuxcontainers.org/lxc/manpages//man5/lxc.container.conf.5.html
lxc.kmsg is only used to symlink /dev/kmsg to /dev/console. Thus setting
this to 0 only results in the lack of that symlink. libvirt doesn't setup
this link at all, may be it is coming from the lxc domain root file system.

On Wed, 2017-03-15 at 08:49 +0100, Michel Pierre-Jacques wrote:
> Hi all, il try to find the way to obtain the same use as in the
> lxc config file lxc.kmsg=0
>
> how to do that, with the xml of a lxc domain, i make lot of try without
> success .
>
> is there another way to deny access to the dmesg for a libvirt lxc
> domain ?

>From what I see, dmesg doesn't necessarily requires /dev/kmsg (at least
on opensuse). So blocking it may be more tricky. May be you should tell
us more how you setup your container.

--
Cedric