[libvirt] Libvirt CAT support plan

Eli Qiao qiaoliyong at gmail.com
Wed May 3 00:30:31 UTC 2017

hi all,

Thanks for helping reviewing for CAT support in the past days.

I writing this email to ask for the plan in libvirt support.

I think we’v discussed this early this year, and I’v proposed a patch set [1].
But don’t get merged because of some performance reason ?

Then I proposed a redesign RFC[2] based on Martin’s cache branch,
thans Martin for the reviewing, I can address them but the question here
is it depends on Martin’s `cache` branch, which if for exposing host’s `cache`
information in capabilities xml, and it doesn’t get merged ether, I feel helpless.

As CAT is a key feature which would be required by many customers and
especially the OpenStack integration.

Would like to know the plan and get the some suggestions.

Shall I keep refine the old design [1] or woking on new design [2] (with dependencies) ?

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2017-March/msg00181.html
[2] https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2017-April/msg00747.html

BR,
Eli