[libvirt] [qemu RFC] qapi: add "firmware.json"

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 11:44:13 UTC 2018

On 04/10/18 13:34, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 01:27:18PM +0200, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
>
>> Please go through the rest of the emails in this thread, and advise:
>> - if the firmware descriptor schema may perhaps live in the libvirt tree,
>> - accordingly, if the schema could be expressed as an XSD (and firmware
>> packages should provide the descriptor documents as XMLs)
>> - if you agree that the descriptor document can uniquely reference
>> mapping methods implemented in libvirtd by simple enum constants (with
>> necessary parameters provided).
>
> No to all three. This is the responsibility of QEMU to define, because
> this information is relevant to anything managing QEMU not just libvirt.

In that case, how do you suggest we describe the QEMU command line
options that are (a) necessary, (b) "discoverable" to the management
application? Should we provide verbatim command line fragments (option
templates)? Is this feature meant to replace the cmdline generation
logic that already exists in libvirtd?

Thanks
Laszlo