Re: [libvirt] [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/2] Attempt to implement the standby feature for assigned network devices

On Wed, Dec 05, 2018 at 06:09:16PM +0100, Peter Krempa wrote:
> From managements point of view, bundling all this together is really not
> a good idea since it creates a very big matrix of failure scenarios.

I think this is clear. This is why we are doing it in QEMU where we can
actually do all the rollbacks transparently.

> In
> general even libvirt will prefer that upper layer management drives this
> externally, since any rolback scenario will result in a policy decision
> of what to do in certain cases, and what timeouts to pick.

Architectural ugliness of implementing what is from users perspective a
mechanism and not a policy aside, experience teaches that this isn't
going to happen.  People have been talking about the idea of doing
this at the upper layers for years.

--
MST