[libvirt] [RFC] libvirt hexagon sticker design

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 11:41:32 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-02-19 at 10:31 +0000, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> > [1] https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xhn0GLvCKMcEOUnqn6boghaUOgjA8sOG
> > [2] https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b2MUyv0eo723F2rorWnmv1sTeCycUCN4
>
> I think the second style works better, as having the 'VIRTUALIZATION API'
> line there pushes the main logo off to the left hand side, making the
> image unbalanced.

Agreed on the second style.

> In the original stickers we had, which were round, we have the website
> URL and "VIRTUALIZATION API" done above & below the image
>
>     https://www.berrange.com/~dan/libvirt-sticker.jpg
>
> Perhaps we could try and do the same layout but with the hexagon, as
> that would get rid of the big white space above & below the main
> graphic.

I think trying to cram too much information inside a small
exhagon is not going to look great. If you look at most other
stickers, they don't include things such as the URL either.

> In terms of background & border, IMHO, it really should be the white
> background - the logo doesn't stand out well when you have it on the
> green background. Green background is ok for the wbsite banner as we
> don't want the logo to be too distrating, but for a promotional sticker
> having a prominent bold style is desirable.

Agreed. The lighter green background also mostly works, but only
with the grey text variation of the logo.