[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-4.0.0

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 16:45:35 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-01-12 at 16:12 +0100, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   No issue found in my limited testing, weirdly the CI says master is
> red for 4 days but it build just fine here so there has to be something
> on jenkins: https://ci.centos.org/view/libvirt/

Yeah, the CentOS CI failures are due to changes in Rawhide and
they're already being looked after. They shouldn't interfere with
the release schedule.

>   Please give it a try, I will likely push an RC2 end of Monday, and
> then we can have the final release around Wed if everything looks fine.
> Feedback on other architectures and OSes always welcome :-)

Unfortunately the macOS build is currently broken:

  https://travis-ci.org/libvirt/libvirt/jobs/328121035

I'm not sure whether there's some way to work around the issue
by eg. passing some flags to configure; if that's not the case,
I don't think we should release until it's fixed. Michal?