[libvirt] Availability of libvirt-4.6.0 Release Candidate 2

Ján Tomko jtomko at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 17:19:33 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:19:28PM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   It is out, tagged in git and with signed tarball and rpms at the
>usual place:
>
>   ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
>
> in my limited testing it works but we have that pending issue
>raised by Andrea. worse case someone reverse the patches and
>allows to build against the old lib.
>
> Please give it some testing, I will watch the commits and
>if there isn't any solution 2 days from now I will postpone the
>GA by a couple of days. Hopefully that won't be needed :-)

Since commit 50edca1331298bfcb2622e8fe588d493aff9ab68
    qemu: monitor: Add the 'query-nodes' argument for query-blockstats
https://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=commitdiff;h=50edca133129

'virsh domblkstat' shows nothing for me with QEMU 2.9.0 (works with
v3.0.0-rc0-66-gccf02d73d1)

And I'm still unsure about leaving in
commit 55ce65646348884656fd7bf3f109ebf8f7603494
    qemu: Use the correct vm def on cold attach
https://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=commitdiff;h=55ce6564634
Which means attach-device --live --config will attach an interface
with a different MAC address in live and persistent definition. Laine?

Jano