[libvirt] Py3 compat nedeed Re: update keycodemapdb submodule for 4.1.0 release

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 10:27:11 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 09:47:32AM -0700, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> I mistakenly dropped keycodemapdb commit 6b3d716e from our libvirt 4.1.0
> builds only to stumble across the failures in py3 environments that are
> fixed by that commit. Should the submodule be updated for the 4.1.0 release?

BTW, we just hit a problem with macOS homebrew changing python to point to
a py3 binary and that showed other libvirt failures. In particular the ESX
code generator is broken under py2. I wouldn't be surprised if more of our
python scripts are also broken. So I think we need a general work item to
fix py3 compat for libvirt - if someone wants to work on it for the 4.2.0
release....