[libvirt] plan for next release

Erik Skultety eskultet at redhat.com
Mon May 28 14:48:08 UTC 2018

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 10:15:22AM +0200, Erik Skultety wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 10:01:06AM +0200, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >   Seems the end of the month is coming soon !
> > I suggest to enter freeze tomorrow morningm with plan for an RC2 on Thursday
> > and a final release on the week-end,
> >
> >   Hope this works for everybody,
> >
> >  thanks !
>
> Hi,
> would Wednesday and RC2 on Friday work too? I'm asking because there's the AMD
> SEV patches (I'm reviewing it at the moment)  which introduce a new API and we
> really should get this into this release, the patches look good so far, so I
> don't expect more than a v7 with mostly nitpick being fixed...
>
> Thanks,
> Erik

I'm sorry, but I have to retract my optimism on making this into 4.4.0, because
I suggested addition of one more API to get the SEV platform certificates as
these can be up to 8K of base64 string which I agree with Dan shouldn't be
exposed in domain capabilities XML. Therefore, you can proceed with your
original plan on freezing tomorrow.

Erik