[libvirt] [ocaml] reset and resync the libvirt-ocaml repository

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 11:57:03 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-09-06 at 17:13 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> What do you think? Is it an acceptable path forward?

Rewriting history is frowned upon for very good reasons, but
considering that the last commit performing anything but trivial
maintainance tasks is from 2009 I think it's pretty fair to
assume nobody is watching the repository too closely, so I'd
personally be okay with replacing it with a fixed one as long as
the change is clearly communicated through both the libvir-list
and libvirt-users mailing lists.

We should stick with the libvirt-ocaml name, though, which is
consistent with the way (almost[1]) all language bindings are
named.

And once we have moved it back to libvirt.org and enabled
mirroring to GitHub, we should start thinking about CI :)

[1] I'm annoyedly looking at you, ruby-libvirt!