[libvirt] Plans for next release

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Thu Jan 10 03:03:33 UTC 2019

On 1/9/19 3:53 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>     Happy New Year everybody,
>
>    as planned we should release 5.0.0 around Jan 15. This means that
> the best to meet that deadline would be to enter freeze tomorrow Thur,
> then have an RC2 over the w.e. and then if all goes well we can roll
> out the release next Tuesday.
>
>    If there is no issue with this plan I will then release RC1 tomorrow
> probably in the evening european time,

Because it creates a change in behavior that will be easier to deal with
at a major release number (and because I want to backport the patches as
soon as possible, and likely whoever is working on the next release of
debian will as well, since they have the same problem!) I would really
like to get these patches in before you freeze:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2019-January/msg00227.html  <https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2019-January/msg00227.html>

Likewise, it would be good to get these in, since they are fixing a bonafide crash:

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2019-January/msg00204.html