[libvirt] Question about Windows builds

Christopher Loyd Nugent skymage23.cn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 14:23:15 UTC 2019

My name is Christopher Nugent.  This is my first time posting to the
mailing list, and I am still adjusting to the community norms. If I do
anything out of line, please let me know. Anyway, on to the question:

I am attempting to use libvirt in a Windows application I am developing,
and came upon the following in the documentation:

Libvirt is known to work as a client (not server) on Windows XP
(32-bit), and Windows 7 (64-bit).

I am a bit confused as to what this means. Does it mean that I won't be
able to use libvirt in a host configuration, Hyper-V acting as the
underlying hypervisor?

I am posting to the development list because, if I am right, I would
like to donate my time to amend the situation. My application will be
cross-platform and will

support multiple hypervisors, so using libvirt will help me not have to
duplicate functionality.

Thank you for your time.

--Chris Nugent.