[libvirt] NOTE: building libvirt requires srcdir != builddir now

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Mon Nov 11 10:38:08 UTC 2019

A quick heads up to people who are pulling latest libvirt this morning.

Late on friday we pushed the series from Pavel which mandates that libvirt
does a VPATH build. ie you can't build directly in the source tree, you
must have a separate build directory.

IOW, instead of doing

    ./autogen.sh
    make

You must change to

   mkdir build
   cd build
   ../autogen.sh
   make

"build" can be any directory you like, and doesn't have to be a subdir
of the src checkout.

Most built files now live outside the srcdir - we only have autotools
related artifacts  in srcdir now, and so the gitignore file is much
simpler.