[RFC] Adding docker driver to libvirt

Dmitry Nesterenko dmitry.nesterenko at virtuozzo.com
Thu Apr 16 13:47:39 UTC 2020

> The container based drivers in libvirt have been a bit of a square-peg /
> round-hole thing. Given that we have a couple of them already (LXC,
> OpenVZ, VZ), I wouldn't say no to adding a docker one too. The only
> real issue is having people willing to do the work to implement it and
> then maintain it thereafter.
>
> Describing the scope of the desired work is probably useful....

Hi all!

I am that man who will do this work. I think it can be stateless driver like hyperv driver from libvirt. Most of calls to the driver will bring remote call to docker host by native docker API. So my first implementation of docker driver will iclude all calls those have realized for hyperv driver now.

Dmitry