GSoC 2020

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Thu Mar 5 08:26:26 UTC 2020

Hi Shiko,

On 04.03.20 09:49, ahmed El-Shreif wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my name is Ahmed. I am a Computer Engineering student from Egypt. I am
> really interested in contributing this year in GSoC program with Libvirt
> .  I was a GSoC student last year with LibreOffice. I was working in a
> compiler project. I want this year to work in new project. I found your
> projects interesting for me.
>

> I have skills in c , c++ and python also I know Linux very well. I need
> to understand more. where to start or can you recommend some easy bugs
> to solve to get comfortable more with the code and to put goals of the
> "Libvirt driver for Jailhouse" project.

Thanks for your interest in this project! I'm adding the libvirt
community because implementation will happen in that context, and
libvirt would be the org to host this. Due to that, I would also suggest
that some starter tasklet would come from there.

To get familiar with Jailhouse and its current user interface, I suggest
to build yourself a demo image via
https://github.com/siemens/jailhouse-images and play with it. It comes
with virtual targets, so you do not need a specific hardware (though, if
you happen to have one of the preintegrated boards, that is also
recommended). Don't hesitate to ask here if you do not understand something.

Jan