On the need to move to a merge request workflow

Daniel Henrique Barboza danielhb413 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 14:54:57 UTC 2020

On 3/6/20 8:44 AM, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:

[...]

What happens with this mailing list when the migration to the new workflow is
completed with all the repos? Is it still going to be used for discussions,
questions, RFCs and etcetera? I'd rather be in Gitlab watching opened issues
and merge requests all the time, without the need to check the Libvirt ML
ever again.

And apparently we're leaning towards Gitlab. I'll not be standing here
defending closed-source, Microsoft based Github, but I'm curious: aside from
that (and that reason alone is enough, no need to grab the pitchforks),
is there any other technical advantage for going Gitlab? I suppose most
existing "coding support tools" are Github friendly already. Also, due to
Microsoft deep pockets, Github will probably experience less downtime and have a
better support overall in case something goes wrong.

Thanks,

DHB