Re: Various issues when using multiple graphic outputs

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 1:30 PM Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel redhat com> wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> > Well my initial target before I realized that it seemed to affect all
> > combinations in different ways was to get a mediated device to work well.
> > So If the answer is "just use only one" then I need to find a way to convince
> > libvirt to -not- re-add a graphics device when the mdev of the vgpu is
> > present.
>
> model='none'.

Arr that was it - and as always things are always easier to find once
you know what you look for :-)
It is quite literally at https://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#video-devices

"This legacy behaviour can be inconvenient in cases where GPU mediated
devices are meant to be the only rendering device within a guest and
so specifying another video device along with type none."

Thank you Gerd and Daniel!

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server