hdd kills vm

daggs daggs at gmx.com
Fri Oct 20 12:42:38 UTC 2023

Greetings,

I have a windows 11 vm running on my Gentoo using libvirt (9.8.0) + qemu (8.1.2), I'm passing almost all available resources to the vm
(all 16 cpus, 31 out of 32 GB, nVidia gpu is pt), but the performance is not good, system lags, takes long time to boot.
after trying a few ways to fix it, I've concluded that the issue might be related to the why the hdd is defined at the vm level.
here is the xml: https://bpa.st/MYTA
I assume that the hdd sits on the sata ctrl causing the issue but I'm not sure what is the proper way to fix it, any ideas?

Thanks,

Dagg.