[Libvirt-cim] report Xen_HostSystem parsing error in F8 while make postinstall

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Dec 21 16:11:32 UTC 2007

Dan Smith wrote:
> GY> When I running make postinstall, it reports parsing error :
>
> In what environment?
>
> GY> Parsing error: parse error: Error adding class Xen_HostSystem to
> GY> the repository: CIM_ERR_INVALID_SUPERCLASS: Operation cannot be
> GY> carried out since the specified superclass does not exist:
> GY> "CIM_ComputerSystem"
>
> Hmm, this is what I usually see when the base schema isn't installed.
> Perhaps you need to completely remove your root#virt repository and
> reinstall the base schema?  You can try removing that directory and
> then running "make preinstall" to install the base schema with our
> automated system.
>
> There may be more debugging you can do, but I tend to take a "brute
> force" mentality to debugging silly Pegasus issues :)
>
> Maybe someone else has a better solution?

I think I ran into a similar issue on Fedora 8 the first time I set
things up.  I think I had to do the following:

1) Remove the classes from root#virt and root#interop.
2) Re-add the classes to root#virt and root#interop (see
http://libvirt.org/CIM/schema.html for more info)
3) Run make preuninstall, make uninstall, make, make install, make
postinstall in the libvirt-cim directory.

If the make postinstall still fails, trying running make preuninstall
and then make postinstall again.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center