[Libvirt-cim] report Xen_HostSystem parsing error in F8 while make postinstall

Dan Smith danms at us.ibm.com
Fri Dec 21 14:51:46 UTC 2007

GY> When I running make postinstall, it reports parsing error :

In what environment?

GY> Parsing error: parse error: Error adding class Xen_HostSystem to
GY> the repository: CIM_ERR_INVALID_SUPERCLASS: Operation cannot be
GY> carried out since the specified superclass does not exist:
GY> "CIM_ComputerSystem"

Hmm, this is what I usually see when the base schema isn't installed.
Perhaps you need to completely remove your root#virt repository and
reinstall the base schema?  You can try removing that directory and
then running "make preinstall" to install the base schema with our
automated system.

There may be more debugging you can do, but I tend to take a "brute
force" mentality to debugging silly Pegasus issues :)

Maybe someone else has a better solution?

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center
email: danms at us.ibm.com