[Libvirt-cim] Best practices for patchsets

Jay Gagnon grendel at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Nov 27 18:29:23 UTC 2007

Dan Smith wrote:
> Agreed, especially with respect to the "human readers" part.  I don't
> know that ", version 2" needs to be the exact suffix, but something
> consistent and informative would be good.

I figured this one would be the most likely to generate discussion.  I
took a couple of stabs at the right suffix while I was writing this,
then just decided to go with something and let everyone throw ideas
out.  Maybe we could go with something more succinct like just "#x".  So
"AllocationCapabilities EnumInstance" followed by
"AllocationCapabilities EnumInstance #2" sort of thing.
> JG> I think that's everything for now.  Additions, comments,
> JG> suggestions are welcome.
>
> Thanks a lot for doing this.  After we settle on some of these, can
> you write this up as a patch to the SubmittingPatches file in the
> tree?  That way we can claim it's policy :)

Sure, no problem.

--

-Jay