[Libvirt-cim] Best practices for patchsets

Heidi Eckhart heidieck at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Nov 28 10:11:45 UTC 2007

Jay Gagnon wrote:
> 4. Before you type, "hg email," you should always type, "hg export,"
> first.  Review your patch.  Does it have any typos in the comments?  Did
> you accidentally include an irrelevant change?  Is your commit message
> still accurate and useful?

What am I doing wrong, if "hg export" returns with:
abort: export requires at least one changeset

I'd like to suggest to add another thing to section 1

6. If a discussion for a certain patch (set) identified an issue, that
will be fixed in a separate patch (set) and by another developer, but
the second patch (set) will touch same code parts as the first patch
(set), its recommended to wait with the second one until the first patch
(set) was finished and accepted. This avoids reworking patches because
of problems during apply.

--
Regards

Heidi Eckhart
Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - Open Hypervisor

heidieck at linux.vnet.ibm.com

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Herbert Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen