[Libvirt-cim] cu_parse_embedded_instance() different results on sfcb & pegasus

Dan Smith danms at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 29 13:51:40 UTC 2007

ZL> The VSMS.defineSystem method on pegasus currently blocks on the
ZL> this difference: After cu_parse_embedded_instance(), I can get a
ZL> correct value on those integer type property (e.g. ResourceType)
ZL> with a sfcb CIMOM. But I failed to get any value from a pegasus
ZL> CIMOM.

Right, I think the actual problem is that we incorrectly made
ResourceType a key in the subclass MOF, which is not allowed.  We will
need to come up with a patch against all of the classes that deal with
RASDs to make them not dependent on the ResourceType, but instead on
the classname.  I'm going to work on this right away and hopefully
will have a patch shortly.

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center