[Libvirt-cim] Re: CimTest Report on XenFV 10-04-2008

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Apr 11 19:08:17 UTC 2008

> The error code returned was mismatching. Fixed it.
> I have a doubt here though.
>
> The part of the code in Virt_VirtualSystemManagementService.c which is
> checked here does seem to handle all the error condition.
> 520 error:
> 521         if (rc == IM_RC_SYS_NOT_FOUND)
> 522                 cu_statusf(_BROKER, &status,
> 523                            CMPI_RC_ERR_FAILED,
> 524                            "Failed to find domain");
> 525         else if (rc == IM_RC_OK)
> 526                 status = (CMPIStatus){CMPI_RC_OK, NULL};
> 527
> The tc does should have got the "Failed to find domain" error when a
> nonexisting domain is passed, but this is not so because the part of the
> code which is used to check this does not set
> the rc to IM_RC_SYS_NOT_FOUND before junping to error , see the code below.
>
>        // Make sure system exists and destroy it.
>        if (!domain_exists(conn, dom_name))
>                goto error;

Thanks Deepti - this looks like a bug.  We should be setting the status
variable appropriately for the rc == IM_RC_FAILED case.

I'll be sending out a patch for this issue.  This will affect the test
fix you sent out, so you'll want to wait for the patch to go in before
resubmitting that fix.

Thanks!

--
Kaitlin Rupert