[Libvirt-cim] Xen test report on Fedora 8

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Apr 15 01:37:25 UTC 2008

Guo Lian Yun wrote:
> stro: Fedora8
> Kernel: kernel-2.6.23.1-42.fc8
> Xen: xen-3.1.2-2.fc8
> Libvirt: libvirt-0.4.2-1
> CIMOM: sblim-sfcb-1.2.5-0
> PyWBEM: pywbem-0.6-2
> LibCMPIutil: 72
> LibvirtCIM: 532
> CIM Schema: cimv216Experimental
> Cimtest: 76 and patched with proceesor id update

In the future, runs that use a cimtest clean tree would be good idea.
If someone wants to duplicate the run, it's easier for them to check out
changeset 76, than to checkout changeset 76 and then manually apply the
additional patches.

> =============CIMTEST FAILING REPORT========================================
>
> ComputerSystem - 23_suspend_suspend.py: FAIL
> It fails because of invoking method `DefineSystem', it's unable to
> define domain using DefineSystem()
> ComputerSystem - 27_define_suspend_errs.py: FAIL
> Same as above
> ComputerSystem - 32_start_reboot.py: FAIL
> InvokeMethod(DefineSystem): Failed to create domain
> ComputerSystem - 33_suspend_reboot.py: FAIL
> Same as ComputerSystem.23
> ComputerSystem - 35_start_reset.py: FAIL
> ComputerSystem - 40_RSC_start.py: FAIL
> Same as ComputerSystem.23

Interesting - is this due to an existing domain that was created by the
testsuite and not properly cleaned up?

> VirtualSystemManagementService - 01_definesystem_name.py: FAIL

This is unusual.  I ran a test on a RHEL 5.2 box using both Xen and
XenFV - this passed.  Any information in the log?

> VirtualSystemMigrationService - 01_migratable_host.py: FAIL
> InvokeMethod(CheckVirtualSystemIsMigratableToHost): Provider not found
> or not loadable
> The provider is registered successfully, and I can get expected result
> by wbemcli ein.
> Who knows why it is?

I will occasionally see a similar issue with Pegasus.  In my case, the
provider has been properly registered with Pegasus, but not installed
properly (the provider library is missing from the expected location).

In this case, both wbemecli commands and tests fail.  I don't have much
experience with sfcb, but I would expect it to work the same.
Did you verify that the provider was installed in the proper location?

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center
kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com