[Libvirt-cim] [TEST] test cases fix list and assignment for the next week

Zhengang Li zli at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Apr 29 15:51:35 UTC 2008

> 15) VSMS.01 -- InvokeMethod(DefineSystem): -- Zhengang
> .02 -- destroy and undefine rpm: destroy branch "rpm" vs "latest" --
> Zhengang
> .06 -- InvokeMethod(AddResourceSettings): CIM_ERR_FAILED: Failed to
> create domain -- Zhengang
The VSMS.06 failure seems to come from a missing <source> node in the
network device section of the xml generated from the following code:
src/Virt_VirtualSystemManagementService.c: _update_resources_for()

         xml = system_to_xml(dominfo);
         if (xml != NULL) {
                 CU_DEBUG("New XML:\n%s", xml);
                 connect_and_create(xml, ref, &s);
         } else {
                 cu_statusf(_BROKER, &s,
                            CMPI_RC_ERR_FAILED,
                            "Internal error (xml generation failed)");
         }

For the same domain, virsh & system_to_xml() gives different results on
the network section.
-------------virsh-------------
     <interface type='bridge'>
       <mac address='11:22:33:aa:bb:cc'/>
       *<source bridge='testbridge'/>*
     </interface>
<interface type='bridge'>
   <mac address='11:22:33:aa:bb:cc'/>
   *<script path='vif-bridge'/>*
</interface>

The missing <source> node caused the virDomainDefineXML() failed in
connect_and_create().

I'm not sure where this need to be fixed. The provider or the test case?

--
- Zhengang