[Libvirt-cim] libvirt-cim 0.5.1/configure fails with 'No package 'libvirt' found '

U Gopalakrishnan ugopalak at in.ibm.com
Fri Aug 15 16:52:45 UTC 2008

Thanks!

Installed libvirt-devel and I don't get 'No package 'libvirt' found '. But
now it fails with 'No package 'libcmpiutil' found'.

I worked aorund the problem by setting the following environment variables

 LIBCU_CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/
 LIBCU_LIBS="-L/usr/lib -lcmpiutil -lz -lm"

and successfully built libvirt-cim.

Thats probably not the correct way of solving this problem, I guess, is
it? (Sorry for my ignorance I am more of Ant/Maven build person, and
hasn't done lot of make builds :- ( )

I have downloaded libcmpiutil source tar from
ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/CIM/libcmpiutil-0.4.tar.gz and built it and
installed.

What is the correct way of solving the above mentioned problem?
Is there a libcmpiutil-devel package that I should install?

Thanks
Gopal.