[Libvirt-cim] CimTest Report for KVM on F9 13-08-2008

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Aug 13 21:52:48 UTC 2008

> PASS           : 125
> FAIL           :   1
 > ACUTAL FAILED  :   0

I'd call this an actual fail.  We do see some caching issues with Xen on
RHEL 5.2 which causes some tests to fail when they should really pass
(will hopefully finish patching those tests soon).

However, we don't have a caching issue with KVM.  So if a test fails but
then passes when it's run individually, I'd still consider that a fail.

---

VirtualSystemManagementService - 06_addresource.py: FAIL
ERROR   - Got 99:aa:bb:cc:ee:ff, exp 99:aa:bb:cc:ee:ff. Got None, exp
default-net51.

It looks like the test tried to add a network device to a guest, and the
verification failed.

I'm not sure if this is a test case issue or if there was an actual
issue adding the network device.  When I did a bulk run, this test
failed due to the following:

ERROR   - Failed to create Virtual Network 'default-net76'
ERROR   - Unable to create network pool

There's been a number for network pool related issues lately. I'm
planning on writing a patch that does the following:

1) Do some environment setup before any of the tests are called - create
a network pool and a disk pool, etc

2)  Use the network pool and disk pool names in all the test of the tests.

3) After the tests are finished, destroy the net / disk pools.

The only problem I see with this are tests that need a net / disk pool
free environment.  However, this would allow us to create a guest
without having to worry about also creating a network pool (and then
subsequently cleaning up that pool properly).
--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center
kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com