[Libvirt-cim] libvirt error

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Dec 17 21:22:51 UTC 2008

Deepti B Kalakeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am seeing the following error on running the test suite on F10 machines.
>
> CIM_NS=root/virt CIM_USER=root CIM_PASS=password ./runtests libvirt-cim
> -i localhost -c -v KVM -g ComputerSystem  -t 41_cs_to_settingdefinestate.py
> *Starting test suite: libvirt-cim
>
> Encountered an error querying libvirt with: virsh -c qemu:///system
> version.  Please check your environment.
>

> *This is because the following query does not work with the libvirt on F10:
>
> virsh -c qemu:///system version
> Compiled against library: libvir 0.5.0
> libvir: error : this function is not supported by the hypervisor: QEMU
> error: failed to get the library version

Do you have both KVM and QEMU installed on the system?  Both are needed
to start KVM guests appropriately.

> The alternate option for this would be to use
>
> virsh -c qemu:///system -v
> 0.5.0
>
> which works for RHEL, F9 and F10.

The check in the testsuite is looking for this exact error condition -
it's checking both the libvirt version (for reporting purposes), but
it's also verifying the libvirt has the needed pieces to define KVM guests.

Let me know if you are seeing this issue on a system that has both qemu
and kvm packages installed.

Thanks!

--
Kaitlin Rupert