[Libvirt-cim] LXC on sfcb Test Run Summary for Dec 22 2008

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Dec 23 07:09:09 UTC 2008

Kaitlin Rupert wrote:
>>> The tc fails because the LXC guest does not have any network
>>> interface information.
>> I believe we require Network NameSpace support to be able to define
>> LXC guest.
>> Can you let me know which rpm I need to install, since I am getting
>> the following error when I try to define a guest with network
>> information.
>>
>> Testing LXC hypervisor
>> NetworkPort - 02_np_gi_errors.py: FAIL
>> ERROR   - Got CIM error Failed to define domain: this function is not
>> supported by the hypervisor: System lacks NETNS support with return
>> code 1
>> ERROR   - Define domain failed!
>> InvokeMethod(DefineSystem): Failed to define domain: this function is
>> not supported by the hypervisor: System lacks NETNS support
>
> NETNS support requires a kernel patch (or at least, last time I
> looked).  The kernel for this system doesn't have the proper support.
> This test needs to SKIP if LXC_netns_support is set to False.

The value of LXC_netns_support is set to false by default in the
const.py. But, I guess this is not the appropriate way for verifying the
NETNS support.
Can you help me with the steps for automating the verification of the
NETNS support in the kernel ?
I shall update the tc to be skipped as of now for LXC by verifying the
LXC_netns_support variable, we can update the tc to call appropriate
function that verifies the NETNS support once it is in the test suite.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepti.