[Libvirt-cim] Xen_ElementCapabilities qurey error list

Guo Lian Yun yunguol at cn.ibm.com
Tue Jan 15 08:07:53 UTC 2008

Hi,

Beside the former error report of query Xen_HostSystem from
Xen_VirtualSystemManagementCapabilities according to
Xen_ElementCapabilities association,
that is to say, with a non exist VirtualSystemManagementCapabilities, we
can still get excepted result as following.
wbemcli ain -ac Xen_ElementCapabilities
http://root:password@localhost/root/virt:Xen_VirtualSystemManagementCapabilities.InstanceID="
wrong"
localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_HostSystem.CreationClassName="Xen_HostSystem",Name="wks230838wss.cn.ibm.com"

Meanwhile, other associations have the same problems.
With a non exist ComputerSystem instance, we can still get expected
association.
wbemcli ain -ac Xen_ElementCapabilities
http://root:password@localhost/root/virt:Xen_ComputerSystem.CreationClassName="Xen_ComputerSystem",Name="
wrong"
localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_EnabledLogicalElementCapabilities.InstanceID="wrong"

However, there is no error report when I do invalid reverse query of
Xen_EnabledLogicalElementCapabilities.
wbemcli ain -ac Xen_ElementCapabilities
http://root:password@localhost/root/virt:Xen_EnabledLogicalElementCapabilities.InstanceID="
wrong"

As we know, Xen_AllocationCapabilities associate with ResourcePool by
Xen_ElementCapabilities. There are still errors from two sides querying.

wbemcli ain -ac Xen_ElementCapabilities
http://root:password@localhost/root/virt:Xen_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="ProcessorPool/0"
*
* wbemcli: Cim: (7) CIM_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED: The requested operation is not
supported
*

wbemcli ain -ac Xen_ElementCapabilities
http://root:password@localhost/root/virt:Xen_MemoryPool.InstanceID="wrong"
localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_AllocationCapabilities.InstanceID="wrong"

Please who can have a look into them? Thanks!

Best,
Regards

Daisy Guo Lian Yun
E-mail: yunguol at cn.ibm.com
IBM China Development Lab, Shanghai, China
TEL: (86)-21-61008057