[Libvirt-cim] CimTest Report for KVM on F9 23-07-2008

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jul 25 12:47:59 UTC 2008

Kaitlin Rupert wrote:
> Dan Smith wrote:
>> DK> ComputerSystem - 40_RSC_start.py: XFAIL Bug: 00001
>> DK> ERROR   - Exception: (1, u'CIM_ERR_FAILED: Invalid state
>> transition')
>> DK> ERROR   - Exception: RequestedStateChange() could not be used to
>> start domain: 'test_domain'
>> DK> InvokeMethod(RequestStateChange): CIM_ERR_FAILED: Invalid state
>> transition
>> DK> Bug:<00001>
>>
>> What is this?  Certainly RequestStateChange() is not broken on KVM,
>> right?  And if it is, it definitely shouldn't be an XFAIL.
>>

> The test is defining a guest and then starting it.  The enable call in
> the provider checks to make sure the guest is either defined or pause.
>
> Deepti - you could add a return after the guest is defined and then
> check the state of the guest.
>
> I tried to reproduce this on my system, but I see the following error:
>
>  CIM_ERR_FAILED: ResourceSettings Error: No NetworkPool specified and
> no default available
> ERROR   - Exception: DefineSystem() failed to create domain: test_domain
> InvokeMethod(DefineSystem): CIM_ERR_FAILED: ResourceSettings Error: No
> NetworkPool specified and no default available
>
> This is odd, because I have a network pool defined:
>
> Name                 State      Autostart
> default-net          active     no
>
> The provider complains with the following:
>
> Virt_VirtualSystemManagementService.c(298): Failed to get default
> network pool: No default pool found for type 10
> Virt_VirtualSystemManagementService.c(573):
> rasd_to_vdev(KVM_NetResourceAllocationSettingData): No NetworkPool
> specified and no default available
> Virt_VirtualSystemManagementService.c(886): Failed to classify
> resources: No NetworkPool specified and no default available
> std_invokemethod.c(305): Method `DefineSystem' returned 1

I did not see the above problem on the KVM when a network pool existed.
I had the following on my machine

*virsh net-list
Name                 State      Autostart
default-net55        active     no
*

and the test case on KVM failed with the following reason:

ComputerSystem - 40_RSC_start.py: XFAIL Bug: 00001
ERROR   - Exception: (1, u'CIM_ERR_FAILED: Domain Operation Failed')
ERROR   - Exception: RequestedStateChange() could not be used to start
domain: 'test_domain'
InvokeMethod(RequestStateChange): CIM_ERR_FAILED: Domain Operation Failed
Bug:<00001>

I have given more information to the above error in reply to Dan's mail
to the same thread.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepti.