[Libvirt-cim] Problems when using libvirt-cim provider

Dan Smith danms at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 28 16:04:39 UTC 2008

SC>      wbemcli:Cim(1) CIM_ERR_FAILED: A general error occurred that
SC> is not covered by a more specific error code:"For provider
SC> Virt_DevicePool the library name was empty. Check provider
SC> registered location".

This usually happens because the CIMOM is unable to load some
dependent libraries for the providers.

Where did the .so files get installed?  I think the default is
/usr/local/lib/cmpi for Pegasus if you don't specify a location.
Figure out where your Pegasus providers directory is and set that
with PROVIDERDIR like this:

  ./configure PROVIDERDIR=/usr/lib64/cmpi

Then clean and rebuild/reinstall your tree.  Also, make sure that the
above path is set in your linker config (i.e. /etc/ld.so.conf).

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center
email: danms at us.ibm.com