[Libvirt-cim] Re: CimTest Report on XenFV 01-05-2008

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri May 2 14:17:46 UTC 2008

Deepti B Kalakeri wrote:
> ======================================
> CIM Test Report for XenFV
> ======================================
> Distro      : RHEL 5.2 Beta
> Kernel      : 2.6.18-88.el5xen
> Xen version : 3.1.2-88.el5
> Libvirt     : libvirt-0.3.3-7.el5
> CIMOM       : pegasus
> PyWBEM      : pywbem-3.14
> CIM Schema  : cimv216Experimental
> LibCMPIutil : 75
> LibVirtCIM  : 571
> CIMTEST     : 130
> ======================================
> PASS        : 60
> FAIL        : 41
> XFAIL       : 3
> SKIP        : 25
> -----------------
> Total       : 129
> ======================================
>
> List of test cases that are failing:
>
> ComputerSystem - 04_defineStartVS.py: FAIL
> ComputerSystem - 05_activate_defined_start.py: FAIL
> ComputerSystem - 06_paused_active_suspend.py: FAIL
> ComputerSystem - 23_suspend_suspend.py: FAIL
> ComputerSystem - 27_define_suspend_errs.py: FAIL
> ComputerSystem - 32_start_reboot.py: FAIL
> ComputerSystem - 33_suspend_reboot.py: FAIL
> ComputerSystem - 35_start_reset.py: FAIL
> ComputerSystem - 40_RSC_start.py: FAIL
Test cases 23 to 40 are failing for failing  because of the following :

*ERROR   - Unexpected rc code 1 and description:
CIM_ERR_FAILED: ResourceSettings Error: Resource type not supported on
this platform
ERROR   - Exception: Unable create domain test_domain using DefineSystem()
InvokeMethod(DefineSystem): CIM_ERR_FAILED: ResourceSettings Error:
Resource type not supported on this platform
*

Here is the flow of the code:

define_system -> create_system -> classify_resources -> rasd_to_vdev()
is called for PROC, MEM, NET, DISK -> _sysvirt_rasd_to_vdev().
The _sysvirt_rasd_to_vdev does not have any code that is related to PROC
dev type and hence the error message.
The part of the code in the VSMS.c from where the error message is
returned as below :

static const char *_sysvirt_rasd_to_vdev(CMPIInstance *inst,
                                        struct virt_device *dev,
                                        uint16_t type)
{
       if (type == CIM_RES_TYPE_DISK) {
               return disk_rasd_to_vdev(inst, dev);
       } else if (type == CIM_RES_TYPE_NET) {
               return net_rasd_to_vdev(inst, dev);
       } else if (type == CIM_RES_TYPE_MEM) {
               return mem_rasd_to_vdev(inst, dev);
       }

       return "Resource type not supported on this platform";
}

Is this valid ?

> ElementCapabilities - 01_forward.py: FAIL
EC now returns AC , needs tc modification.
> ElementCapabilities - 02_reverse.py: FAIL
Need tc modification.
> ElementCapabilities - 05_hostsystem_cap.py: FAIL
wbemcli ain -ac Xen_HostedService
'http://u:p@localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_HostSystem.CreationClassName="Xen_HostSystem",Name="elm3b43.beaverton.ibm.com"'
*
* wbemcli: Cim: (1) CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to get instance for
Xen_HostSystem
*
Should have returned  "RPCS", "Management Service", "MigrationService".
> ElementConforms - 01_forward.py: FAIL
BaseException not supported, Passed when Exception keyword was instead.
> HostSystem - 02_hostsystem_to_rasd.py: FAIL
Passed when run manually
> HostSystem - 03_hs_to_settdefcap.py: FAIL
1) Need to make change to the common_util.py to inclue the diskpool.conf
file in /etc/libvirt
2) The field -PropertyPolicy is no longer returned as part of
association between SDC with AC
> HostedService - 02_reverse.py: FAIL
wbemcli ain -ac Xen_HostedService
'http://u:p@locathost/root/virt:Xen_VirtualSystemMigrationService.CreationClassName="Xen_VirtualSystemMigrationService",Name="MigrationService",SystemCreationClassName="Xen_HostSystem",SystemName="elm3b43.beaverton.ibm.com"'
*
* wbemcli: Http Exception: couldn't resolve host name
*

> LogicalDisk - 03_ld_gi_errs.py: FAIL
passed when run manually
> Memory - 01_memory.py: FAIL
> Memory - 02_defgetmem.py: FAIL
> Processor - 01_processor.py: FAIL
>

> Processor - 02_definesys_get_procs.py: FAIL
Failing because of the same prob as for CS.23 to CS.40 as above.
> Processor - 03_proc_gi_errs.py: FAIL
> RASD - 01_verify_rasd_fields.py: FAIL
Domain creation is failing for above 2 tc.
> ResourcePoolConfigurationService - 03_CreateResourcePool.py: FAIL
> ResourcePoolConfigurationService - 04_CreateChildResourcePool.py: FAIL
> ResourcePoolConfigurationService -
> 06_RemoveResourcesFromResourcePool.py: FAIL
> ResourcePoolConfigurationService - 07_DeleteResourcePool.py: FAIL
submitted fix for test case 03.RCPS, 04.RCPS, 06.RCPS, 07.RCPS
> SettingsDefine - 01_forward.py: FAIL
> SettingsDefine - 02_reverse.py: FAIL
> SettingsDefine - 03_sds_fwd_errs.py: FAIL
> SettingsDefine - 04_sds_rev_errs.py: FAIL

Domain creation is failing for above 2 tc.
> SystemDevice - 01_forward.py: FAIL
> SystemDevice - 02_reverse.py: FAIL
> SystemDevice - 03_fwderrs.py: FAIL
Error is not getting printed, need to verify this.
> VSSD - 01_enum.py: FAIL
passed when run manually
> VirtualSystemManagementService - 01_definesystem_name.py: FAIL
> VirtualSystemManagementService - 02_destroysystem.py: FAIL
> VirtualSystemManagementService - 05_destroysystem_neg.py: FAIL
> VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent - 02_reverse.py: FAIL
> VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent - 03_vssdc_fwd_errs.py: FAIL
> VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent - 04_vssdc_rev_errs.py: FAIL
Domain creation is failing for above tc.