[Libvirt-cim] [TEST] on the Device and ResourcePool of container

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri May 30 20:24:01 UTC 2008

Dan Smith wrote:
> GY> Who can help me to explain the detail of device and resourcepool
> GY> setting for container?  How to set the other devices in a contain
> GY> domain xml except memory?
>
> If you look at the LXC_DiskResourceAllocationSettingData class in the
> ResourceAllocationSettingData.mof file, you'll see an additional field
> called "MountPoint" which is the target within the container.  The
> "Address" field specifies the source as on the other platforms.
> However, the source for a container is a path on the filesystem, not a
> device or an image file.

This means we'll need to modify the LXC XML so that it creates a
filesystem device.  We could do something like:

         <filesystem type='mount'>
             <source dir='/tmp/lxc_files'/>
             <target dir='/tmp/'/>
         </filesystem>

/tmp/lxc_files is a directory we'll need to create in order to define /
create a container.  For testing purposes, we aren't concerned with
contents of /tmp/lxc_files.  However, a customer would create such a
directory for storing config files / executables / etc that the
container would need to access during runtime.

We'll also need to do something similar for DefineSystem() case as well.
--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center
kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com